The much awaited final announcement has been made and the entry forms are now available.
Following a meeting held in Cape Town on 29th August, 2011, the undersigned agreed to serve as Directors of the Board on a new Sales Company to be known as CAPE THOROUGHBRED SALES (PTY) LTD (formerly a shelf company named Cazador). In doing so, the undersigned agreed to subscribe to the following principles, aims and objectives :
1. Cape Thoroughbred Sales (PTY) LTD is an independent, commercial, sales company, uniquely devised to be dedicated to the growth of the sport of horseracing and the thoroughbred breeding industry through the development of the bloodstock market, and using its strengths to become innovative, visionary, and global.
2. Mission Statement: “To enlarge the global market for South African bloodstock by operating thoroughbred auctions in such a manner as to maximise the aggregate and average prices of selected bloodstock whilst optimising profitability for the company”
3. Company Philosophy:
* 3.1 Net Profit to be distributed for the betterment of the sport of horse racing and breeding industry. A reputable firm of attorneys holds the shares
of the company and there is no personal ownership of the company.
* 3.2 To use the MARKET to improve the economic health of the breeders.
* 3.3 To arrange financing of payment to Vendors at 30 days after sale.
* 3.4 To hold Innovative commercial sales auctions.
* 3.5 To build a globally recognised brand.
4. Company Strategy: CTS will aim at holding at least 3 major sales in 2012 in its formative phase :
Cape Premier Yearling Sale – Book 1
(27-28 January 2012) (300 horses)
click here for ENTRY FORM
An international quality sale in the Cape Town International Convention Centre for which CTS holds a long term exclusive contract on the venue.
Cape Premier Yearling Sale – Book 2
(3-4 March, 2012) (300 horses)
click here for ENTRY FORM
A quality sale which replaces the position vacated by Equimark which has ceased operations. CTS has secured the rights to the Durbanville Sales Centre. However, consideration will be given to locating this sale in the Winelands.
National Broodmare & Weanling Sale.
(July, 2012) (300+ horses)
CTS plans to restore the mare market to former glory and to create a weanling market of some stature with a well planned, highly motivated national sale to include broodmares, fillies for stud and weanlings.
5. Longer term outlook : CTS will aim to centralise bloodstock auctions in the Western Cape. To this end, consideration will have to be given by the Directors to the building of a purpose built, functional Sales Complex in the right location. The ownership of this complex will secure the long term future of CTS and the economic health of the market.
By affixing their signature below, the undersigned subscribe to the above and agree to serve as the Directors of Cape Thoroughbred Sales Pty Ltd :
Craig Carey (Arc en Ciel)
Mick Goss (Summerhill)
Andreas Jacobs (Maine Chance)
Markus Jooste (Klawervlei)
Ashley Parker (Ascot)
Gaynor Rupert (Drakenstein)
Mike Sharkey (Highlands)
Mary Slack (Wilgerbosdrift)